June 8, 2020 – 1:30 PM
We are eternally grateful for the dedication to your personal practice during these unprecedented times and for whole-heartedly offering your commitment to supporting a future for Kindness Yoga.
We finally have guidelines from our local government and we have decided to start a phased reopening beginning July 1st. Due to many unknowns around successfully operating our physical studios in this new landscape, we will be opening one studio at a time, starting with South Broadway.
This initial phase will offer a limited class schedule reserved for Monthly and Annual Members only. Pre-registration for all classes will be required to reserve your space. We will not be offering props or mat rentals for the time being to ensure your utmost health and safety while practicing. We recommend you bring props if you have them but teachers will be adjusting their classes to ensure that props aren’t essential.
Finally, the health and well-being of our entire community is our highest priority. We will be implementing the following measures within the walls of Kindness to keep you and our staff safe:
- All members of the community will wear masks any time you are not on your mat.
- We will not be offering props or mat rentals for the time being to ensure your utmost health and safety while practicing.
- Stay home when you’re not feeling well – If you have shown any COVID symptoms or have been in contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID in the last 14-days, refrain from attending.
- Maintain social distancing while in the studio, including 6-feet apart between each person.
- Teachers will not be providing hands-on assists or close physical contact.
- We will only be offering one class at a time inside the studio to provide enough space for sanitizing between classes.
- All studio spaces will undergo professional deep cleaning every evening.
- We will sanitize all studio surfaces between classes.
- We will require daily temp and self-health checks for all team members.
- Access to bathrooms and/or locker rooms will be limited to one person at a time.
- All transactions will be done online to create a non-contact experience once the studios are open.
- We hope to release the schedule and allow pre-registration 1 week before the re-open.
- Due to the fact that acupuncture is a hands-on experience, we do not have an idea of when this part of our business will be back.
We recognize that not all yogis may be ready to practice in-person again by July. To continue to honor the practice needs of all members of our community, Kindness Yoga Online is here to stay! Keep a lookout for new livestream and on-demand class options, including shorter class durations and different class styles.
March 13, 2020 – 9:30 PM
Not sure about you, but it’s been a week.
What we want to share tonight feels heartbreaking yet it is part of our collective mission. Kindness is about something bigger than what we create INSIDE the walls of our studios.
We have been closely following COVID-19, its implications, and how we should responsibly proceed to best serve the Kindness community. When we come together as a collective we produce benefits that are truly greater than the whole of our individual contributions, but we cannot avoid the facts about how the virus spreads and the impact on the infected.
Our overriding goal is your safety, and tonight will be our last in-studio classes for the next two weeks so that we can observe and reassess. We know that closing the studios is a major decision and we have not taken it lightly. It is our desire to be a part of the solution, and in supporting the Flattening of the Curve, it is the most concrete act of Kindness we can offer the community.
We have been working for the last year to better serve our members including a way to build your personal practice anywhere, anytime, online. Starting March 16th you’ll be able to access a variety of classes each week with a wide range of styles, levels, and teachers you know and love online. Look for an email on how to sign up for an online membership. (Current members, you’ll receive this online membership as part of your benefits.)
We ask that if you are a member, that you please, consider keeping your membership in place for the next billing cycle with Kindness Yoga. The Kindness Collective is truly that, a collective, and we want to use this opportunity to bind together more closely and support those that make Kindness possible.
With any adversity, we all have the choice of viewing it as an opportunity or an obstacle. I’m choosing the former, and want to use this as a chance for us to see how we can be more healthy, more centered, and more kind as a whole. Please, reach out to me directly at patrick.harrington@
We exist to serve and support the transformation of living, through Kindness.
CEO + Founder of Kindness Yoga
Be the first to know about Kindness Yoga online